Tuesday 12 January 2010

Two Instances, One Troll

Realizing that most, if not all (count on me being able to lose track after five or six runs) instance runs so far have been done past midnight, I decided to mix it up with a morning run!

Morning, for me, can be anything before six pm.

Sadly, this changed very little. Gnomeregan, competent warrior tank, omnipresent paladin, warlock who existed only to summon the almost-equally-omnipresent hunter after the token mage had a mainstream disconnect.

See how much more dreary that sounded with a few sneaky words before each class?

Disappointed, but not surprised - it is a very small statistical sample - I figured that I felt like chasing that elusive Challenge. I missed doing SFK at an appropriate level, something I am really sad about, so perhaps we can cheat a little? Queue for a specific instance?

You won't rat me out, I am sure.

I don't even know who you are.

Grab a beer after work?

I don't even drink, you insensitive bastard!

So I decided to queue for SM Graveyard, apparently having just gotten high enough to lick the minimum level of its queue bracket with my freakishly long tongue. Atleast I have a theory I have one such, but until Blizzard finally realizes the full potential of the /rasp emote, we will never know.

My first SM GY experience was great for my professions. Rather; the lack of my first SM GY experience, which occupied an impressive timespan, was. While I do make an effort to minimize out-of-instance xp, some kills are unavoidable, such as when mining in Thousand Needles/1KN/Wonky Need-Less.

On topic of 1KN: I am considering making an alert when I gain the "daze" debuff triggering the sound of waterfalls and wind through long grass. It's a last ditch effort to keep me from rerolling warrior and setting all my keybinds to bloodrage.

Graveyard truly was like an embarassing tumble in the bushes. Quick. Silent. Noone asked if we should go again.

But I did find a challenge.

If I have to enter groups where everyone is orange and red to me, where mobs smell my fear and come charging towards me as if we were connected by inch-thick rubber bands, all to get a challenge, I will.

I just don't want it to have to be SM GY, I realize now.

Place's as linear and boring as trash novels of the worst kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment